North Georgia Regional Center
Barnabas Ministries –
"When pastors love one another and are pulling for one another, God’s Spirit is free to bless that community and tear down strongholds that have long existed."
Grace Valley Ministries, located in Canton, Georgia, serves as one of the regional centers for Barnabas Ministries. Pastor Phil Engelman recognized that the work of Barnabas Ministries in establishing John 17:23 pastors groups was precisely what God had called him to do in the north Georgia area. After experiencing a similar group in his final eight years as a pastor in Florida, he and his wife, Sue, felt called to minister to the servants of the Lord full time. Phil’s heart was to engage in a movement of pastors meeting with pastors. Barnabas provides the partnership and resources necessary to achieve this.
As director of Grace Valley Ministries, Phil sees John 17:23 pastors' groups as the most effective strategy in preventing ministerial burnout as well as serving as the key to God’s blessing a given community. When pastors love one another and are pulling for one another, God’s Spirit is free to bless that community and tear down strongholds that have long existed.
Since starting the ministry in May of 2011, Phil has seen ten groups begin. Our prayer is to see these groups continue to expand and multiply.
|Ball Ground||Canton||Holly Springs|
|Men's Parachurch||Missional Community||Waleska|
|Women Parachurch Leaders||Woodstock (2)||Bi-Vocational Group|
Other Resources Provided:
- Free professional counseling by qualified staff members for pastors, missionaries, and their families.
- Pastoral counseling with Phil
- Health coaching with Phil’s wife, Sue
- Periodic events offered to the community and to pastors to encourage spiritual formation and personal growth.
- Getaways in host homes as we await the development of a retreat center in Canton. We currently have land and are waiting on God’s provision for the resources to build. Currently, limited time housing will be provided free for pastors or missionaries in crisis or transition and are here for counsel and support.